Got Trash? Here’s What You Need To Consider Before Purchasing A Trash Bin
Many of us may think that a Trash Bin is just… well, a trash bin. While its sole purpose is to keep trash in one place until they’re ready for disposal, it is still important that we take a few factors into account when getting one.
Essentially, when choosing a recycling bin, it’s beneficial for us to pay closer attention to their materials, sizes, and shapes. And yes, it’s true that they are merely just like any other container, but depending on our spaces and needs, the right and proper bins also vary.
Trash and Recycling Bin: What To Consider When Purchasing
Looking to purchase a Trash Can or recycling bin? Whether it’s for your home, office, warehouse, or other establishments, it’s best to find one that meets your needs best.
It is also crucial that you make the right choice, as going after the wrong ones could instead turn your purchase into waste as there’s a big chance that they may not work well for the areas that they need to cater to. And that is why in this section, we’re listing down a few of the most important factors that you need to consider prior to making a purchase. In this section, we’re listing down a couple of factors that you need to consider prior to making a purchase.
Factor number one to consider: the material
One of the first things you should look at when you are purchasing trash bins or recycling bins is the material that they are made of. Typically, they are either made of plastic (the most common, metal, or concrete.
Plastic trash bins may also include other materials like resin and polyethylene, while metal bins can be crafted out of stainless steel, normal steel, or aluminum. Regardless, these types make good, sturdy trash bins.
Concrete bins, on the other hand, often include polymer concrete and stones in the construction. This build makes them generally very robust, but they are the less common preference of many due to their heavy structure. They are also not as easy to move around compared to the other two.
Factor number two to consider: the size
The next thing to consider is the size - do you need something small, just right, or something rather huge? Depending on what your area needs, you can opt for a trash bin that can hold for as little as four gallons, or as big as 95 gallons.
Generally speaking, the size will determine the capacity of your trash can or recycling bin. While there is not a specific rule set on the uses of trash bins based on sizes, you may still want to opt for something that will suit your needs.
Moreover, when deciding on the size, you may also want to consider the purpose of what you need it for. Is it for recycling, holding papers until they’re up for recycling, or storing trash in general? Take note that some of these may tend to fill the canisters faster than others, so that’s one thing that should be taken into account when you are considering the size.
Factor number three to consider: the type
Lastly, you may also want to take the type of trash can or recycling bin into consideration. This is just as vital as different spaces call for different needs in terms of trash disposal.
Below are some of the most common types of trash bins suitable for outdoor, indoor, and other uses:
- Commercial trash cans - these trash cans are ideal for use in industrial settings. They also make a good fit for larger events where larger amounts of trash are expected.
- Disposable trash cans - these trash cans are excellent for outdoor events are generally low-cost. They are made for single-use, this type is essentially quite easy to clean up, too.
- Medical trash cans - these cans usually come in no more than 40 gallons of capacity. A medical trash can is typically made of metal and is approved safe to use in medical environments or facilities.
- Wheeled trash cans - these trash cans typically come with two wheels on one side. These make an excellent choice for janitorial purposes, as they are easy to transport. Additionally, wheeled trash cans are big enough to transport several bags of trash and bigger loads of waste.
- Step-on trash cans - these trash cans are the most ideal for home use. Many people also keep this type of trash can in their kitchen as it allows for hands-free disposal, promoting better sanitary in the given setting.
- Decorative trash cans - these trash bins come in a wide array of styles and colors to blend into your area. This type of trash can blend seamlessly into any setting and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Car Trash Bins - these trash cans are essentially smaller in size, making them compact and easy to fit in your vehicle. Additionally, they are designed to be placed pretty much anywhere inside your car, firmly and steadily without the risk of accidental spills.
- Outdoor open-top trash cans - these trash cans are most commonly found outdoors, especially in public places. From its name, this trash bin remains open at the top which allows people to easily throw in their trash. This type of trash can also come in big sizes, making the capacity perfect for holding a huge amount of garbage.
Final Words: A Quick Recap In Finding The Ideal Trash Bin
There are no set rules or specific designated uses for trash and recycling bins based on their sizes. So to be practical, it is beneficial for you to base the size of your purchase on what you may be needing it for. As an example, a glass recycling bin may tend to fill in faster than one that’s only built to hold paper trash.
Additionally, trash can capacities can be a little tricky. And this purpose, it’s important that you gauge how much trash you will be storing, and how frequent the disposal is. At the end of the day, what you want is to keep your spaces clutter-free, and not end up with an overflowing trash bin.